Hi, my name is Ileana Claffey and I am a retired Software Engineer and Project Manager, who now follow my dreams and passion teaching holistic wellness. I am an E-RYT(Experience Register Yoga Teacher) and Y4C (Yoga4Cancer) teacher with Yoga Alliance® . I am also a Reiki Master/Teacher in the Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki tradition and a Sound Practitioner. I am fluent in English and Spanish and teach in the Coral Springs/Parkland, Florida area.
I have been a student of yoga for over twenty-two years and teaching since 2007. l have taught yoga to a wide range of ages and abilities, including children, adults, and seniors. My teaching experience includes Hatha, Gentle Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Chair Yoga, Kids Yoga, Seniors Yoga, Yoga4Cancer, Connected Warriors, Mind-Body Medicine and Vedic Thai Yoga (assisted yoga). I offer both private and small group classes at my studio or your home/ office, for public group studio classes see my schedule.
I participated as a yoga instructor for the Florida Atlantic University’s NIH grant study on Chair Yoga for Elders with Osteoarthritis (SITNFIT). I also translated the SITNFIT Chair Yoga book, manual and taught the program in Spanish. My Karma Yoga (giving back) has included assisting and organizing charity and yoga events for local and national organizations such as: local public area schools, City of Hope, Connected Warriors, University Hospital & Medical Center, Relay for Life and American Cancer Society.
In September of 2017 , I was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma (breast cancer). I am lucky, it was small, it had not spread and I only needed surgery, radiation and hormone treatments. My last radiation treatment was in November and I am stronger every day. I am grateful to my “amazing” team of doctors, nurses, technicians and social workers, for their important and indispensable parts in my recovery, but I also deeply believe that yoga and Reiki were an essential element in my healing. I am convinced that Reiki and yoga made all the difference in how I managed and recovered from my treatments, surgeries etc. They were my life support and my healing refuge and I want to share it with others. Feeling stronger and healthy, I now offer Y4C classes for women in all stages of cancer, so they can gently revive their energy and find a sense of inner peace to allow healing to occur. (Learn more)
ABOUT MY CLASSES
My experience with helping heal my body makes me sensitive to the issues that affect many students. I offer different ways for students to participate in my classes ,depending on their physical condition. I explain and demonstrates modifications of the postures which allow students to continue their practice, who may not otherwise be able to do so. In the same vein I demonstrates how various different items from the home can be used as props and how props can be positioned and folded to offer effective support in the postures.
My intention is to create a compassionate, nonjudgemental class, where even the smallest gain, maybe not even a gain in physical movement, but a gain in thinking for one split second differently about taking a breath or imagining moving your belly onto your thighs can be the beginning of major changes.
My yoga practice continues to evolve through self study, classes and workshops with an array of incredibly inspiring teachers which have all helped to influence my unique style of teaching .
CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Experience Register Yoga Teacher (E-RYT200, ID#28845)
Yoga Alliance®, 2007 – 2018
Reiki Master Teacher, Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki
Tamara Ronkin, 2016, 2017 (First & Second Degree)
Rev. Sally Caplan, 2018 (Master Teacher)
Heartsaver CPR/AED, American Heart Association®
Bachelor of Art and Science in Computer Information Systems, Florid Atlantic University, 1982
200 hours Registered Yoga Teacher Training, Deerfield Beach Yoga Center, 2007
PROFESSIONAL COURSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Crystal Singing Bowl Sound Healer Certification Course (2019( – Rich Gausman
- Himalayan / Tibetan Bowl Sound Healer Certification Course (2019) – Michelle Rassner Cash
- Yoga4Cancer Teacher Training Certification (2019) – Tari Prinster
- Supreme Science QiQong Level-1 Healing Form (2018)- QiQong Practitioner Jeff Primacy
- Qi Revolution National Event, Wellness Training- (2018)- Qigong Practitioner Jeff Primack
- Subtle Yoga- The Yoga & Neuroscience Connection (2018) – Kristine Kaverii Weber
- Subtle Yoga- The Science of Slow (5modules online course) (2018) – Kristine Kaverii Weber, MA,IAYT,eRYT500
- Barbara Brennan School of Healing- Hands of Light Workshop (2018)- Donna Evans-Straus (BBSH Adjunct Faculty)Reiki
- MasterTeacher, Usui Shiki Ryoho, (2018) – Rev. Sally Caplan
- Comprehensive Wellness Program, Advanced Training, The Center of Mind-Body Medicine, (2018) – James Gordon, MD
- Comprehensive Wellness Program, The Center of Mind-Body Medicine, (2018) – James Gordon, MD
- The Art of Vedic Thai-Yoga Bodywork Certification (2018)- Mukti, Michael Buck
- Advanced Level II Yin Teacher Training (2018) – Leslie Glickman
- Mindfulness: The Yoga of Body, Mind & Movement (2017) – Emily Large
- Tsui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Certification I & II (2016, 2017)- Tamara Ronkin
- Actively Aging with Yoga: The Posture Project for the 50 Plus Population (2016)- Sherry Zak Morris
- Connected Warriors Training (2015) – Judy Weaver
- Suspension Yoga Approach to Teaching (2014) – Heidi Decher
- SITNFIT Chair Yoga Certification (2014)- Kristine Lee
- Sequencing and Adaptation (2013) Gary Kraftsow
- MBSR- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (2013)- Sharon Theroux
- Raindrop Technique Certification (2012)- Darby Mackenzie Line
- BoomerPlus Yoga Certification (2011) – Amy Kraft
- ViniYoga Therapy for Low Back & Hips (2010)- Emily Large
- The Art of Vedic Thai Yoga Bodywork Certification(2010)- “Mukti” Michael Buck
- CranioSacral Therapy Level I Certification (2009)
- Yoga Nidra (2009) – Christine Apter
- In-Depth Yin Yoga Exploration (2009)- Sarah Powers
- Art of VinYasa (2008)
- Meditation & Viniyoga Therapy (2008)- Gary Kraftsow
- Being Yoga, Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior (2007)- Sharon Gannon & David Life
- SilverSneakers – Fitness Training & YogaStretch Certification (2007)- Deborah Redder, Samantha Suaya
- 200 Hours Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Certification (2007)- JoAnn Evans, Christine Apter, Dotty Zevin, Louise Goldberg
- The Radiant Child Yoga Program – Level 1 & 2 Certification (2004)- Shakta Khalsa
Please Contact Me to Schedule your Zoom session.
Join me for weekly livestream yoga classes.